The entity you are contracting with is P. C. Chandra Gems Private Limited (herein referred to as "the company"),registered under the Companies Act, 1956, and presently governed by the Companies Act, 2013, having Registrar of Companies CIN: U55201WB2001PTC092795, having its registered office at P-154A, Nazrul Islam Avenue, Kolkata- 700054, West Bengal, India. The transactions in this website are subject to the laws enforceable in India. By subscribing to or using any of the services of the website you agree that you have read, understood, accepted and are bound by the terms and conditions contained herein. This website is for online "offer and acceptance" of the jewellery items posted and advertised on the website. The terms and conditions may be changed, altered and/or revised at the discretion of the company without prior notice.
Membership corresponding to transaction rights is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872.
While transacting through the Website you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and Password, as well as access to your cell phone and to your computer, computer system and computer network, and further you are responsible for all activities that occur under your "User ID" and "Password", e-mail address and cell phone number as the case may be. As a User you inter alia agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself.
- Maintain and update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
As a Registered User, you agree, inter alia, to:
If any information is subsequently discovered to be untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete or the company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or in violation of any enforceable law and fairness the company reserves the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of your membership with the Website and refuse to provide you with access to the Website.
4. Electronic communications
We wish to keep you updated on all our offerings and offers and accomplish the same by sending you periodical mails at your registered e-mail. You may opt-out of the same, but it is not recommended.
5. Sale of goods
- All transactions from or through this Website shall be deemed to have been conducted or transacted at or from the registered office of the company at P-154A, Nazrul Islam Avenue, Kolkata- 700054, West Bengal, India.
- All transactions shall be subject to the provisions of the Supply of Goods Act, 1930 read with its subsequent amendments.
- The transaction is deemed to be complete once the "Tax Invoice" for the goods ordered is raised, and the company shall deliver through a third party courier or its own delivery personnel.
- All sales/(supplies) are subject to taxes under Central Good and Service Tax Act, 2017 and rules thereunder with West Bengal Good and Service Tax Act, 2017 and rules made thereunder in case of customers residing in West Bengal or Integrated Good and Service Tax Act, 2017 and rules thereunder if the customers are residing outside West Bengal.
- The offer for sale is restricted to the items displayed in the brochures on the Website. The company reserves its right to remove, delete, add, alter, modify or discontinue any item or the entire brochure without any prior notice.
- An order will be deemed to have been accepted only after the full consideration is received by the company and credited to the bank account of the company.
- The products offered are all handcrafted and are “made to order”. We do not keep ready stock of jewellery. Due to the handcrafted nature of the product, minor and subtle variations of the delivered product may occur in comparison to the displayed product, in weight and form upto a maximum permissible value of +-10%. Our offer is subject to such minor variations
- All 22, 18 & 14 CARAT gold items sold by us bear a BIS Hallmark disclosing its purity. BIS hallmark is NOT a separate certificate, it is an inscription made on the product. As per BIS norms, 24 CARAT products cannot be BIS hallmarked.
- All diamonds sold by us are accompanied by either a SGL or an EGL certificate certifying inter-alia its colour, quality and weight. SGL and EGL certificates are in physical form.
- All gemstones other than diamonds sold by us are accompanied by an IGL certificate certifying inter-alia its colour, quality and weight. IGL certificates are in physical form.
- Outbound shipping i.e from our showroom to you, is borne by us. Please visit our shipping policy for further details.
- The payment against a purchase shall be due in advance.
- Customer may only make payments through the payment gateway of this Website..
- All payments made against the purchases on the Website shall only be in Indian Rupees.
- Payments shall be deemed to have been received only when such monies are credited to the company's bank account and are freely available to the company.
- The ordered goods shall be deemed to be in transit for delivery once despatched through a third party courier and shall be deemed to be delivered once handed over to the customer or to the person authorized as instructed.
- Goods can only be delivered to the customer or to his/her authorized person. In order to authorize a person to take delivery of goods the customer is requested to send us an email to [email protected] with instructions.
- The recipient of the goods is obliged to produce valid identity proof and address proof or such other documents to verify and establish his bona fide at the time of delivery to ensure safe delivery of the goods purchased.
- Valid identity proof shall include:
- Voter’s ID Card [EPIC]
- Aadhar card
- Driving License
- Any identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government.
- PAN Card shall NOT be considered as a valid Identity proof.
- The company shall issue an invoice against every transaction and the third party courier shall hand over the original copy of "Tax Invoice" to the customer at the time of delivery of the goods ordered.
- The customers are requested to inspect the purchased item and accompanying papers promptly and immediately. Attention is drawn to the "Return Policy" in this connection.
- To safeguard the interest of the customer for the goods ordered, the company shall arrange for transit insurance free of cost valid till its delivery.
- Minor damages or deformations or deteriorations in the course of the delivery are not covered by transit insurance.
- The customer on request shall provide all information and documents, as may be required, to assist the company to lodge and substantiate claims against the insurer in the event of a loss.
The goods shall be considered to have a defect in quality if they have an inherent material or manufacturing defect. Minor deviations from the image shown on the Website shall not qualify as a defect.
- The photographs and impressions displayed on the website are for reference only and are not to scale. The size, color, finish, luster and other visual parameters of the actual product may differ to an extent from the photographs and impressions displayed on the website. Moreover, the items being mostly hand-crafted, actual products delivered may differ to an extent.
- The weight of a gold, silver, diamond or any precious metal to be used for making jewellery items ordered by the customer may vary marginally in the final form of the product. The difference, if any at all, will be due to the hand-crafting of the jewellery item. The customer understands and acknowledges that the weight of gold, silver, diamond or precious metal displayed against any particular item is a fair and reasonable approximation and cannot be the exact such weight in the finished products.
- In case of gem stones the prices are given on the average weight of stone and not on the individual stone. Prices will be fixed on a range of average weight of the gemstone and not on exact weight.
- The customers are advised to contact the company at our Customer Helpline: +91 8010700400 during business hours [Timings: Tuesday to Saturday 10.00 am to 6.00 pm and Monday 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm] for any query or clarification.
- The company or the website shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use of credit or debit cards for making any transaction and shall have no liability either to the true holder of any credit or debit card or to the concerned bank for any unauthorized/fraudulent use of payment instruments.
- The company declares that it has no obligations beyond the terms and conditions and representations mentioned herein.
11. Governing Law
Any and all questions of enforceability and interpretation which may arise under this Agreement shall be determined and governed by and in accordance with the laws of India.
12. Alterations and Modifications
The company reserves the right to change, modify, alter and/or substitute any or all the terms and conditions mentioned herein at any time and from time to time at its sole and absolute discretion and accord, without giving any prior notice and/or intimation to any person, including its customers.
By registering at this Website and transacting thereafter the customer agrees, accepts and acknowledges to abide by the terms and conditions mentioned above.